This is a list of products and services I recommend to others due to good personal experiences, but YMMV.
Most are New Zealand specific.
- Computer Lounge have great after-sales service. Generally only a dollar or two more expensive than other stores - just think of it as a warranty for when something goes wrong.
- Heathcote Appliances and Smiths City are smaller appliance retailers that I’ve found give more honest advice and support than the big guys.
- Skinny Direct are great value-for-money.
- Youi use deceptive and pushy sales tactics to
push you into buying some of the most expensive insurance on the market.
- Youi braces for $350,000 penalty on sales tactics (NZ Herald, October 2016)
- Insurer Youi fined maximum $100,000 by Insurance Council for dodgy sales tactics (NZ Herald, October 2016)
- Diana Clement: Insurance company’s sales tactics shocking (NZ Herald, March 2015)
- PB Tech are cheap and everywhere but try their best to avoid honouring warranties. Use them for small stuff (cables etc.) but nothing serious.
- Vodafone are pretty famous for their terrible
support, and their service isn’t actually good or cheap to begin with. They
also use Comcast-style tactics to avoid you leaving them.
- Vodafone tops New Zealand’s most complained about traders (Stuff, September 2017)
- Juha Saarinen: Wake up, Vodafone. Your paying customers aren’t happy (NZ Herald, June 2016)